In collaboration with the Department of Microbiology and Parasitology (Faculty of Biology) of the University of Santiago de Compostela, with the Department of Chemical Engineering of the University of Almeria and with the Spanish Oceanographic Institute (IEO), PISCIS program has achieved the development of a production process of high-quality microalgae biomass for its use in aquaculture, which has involved:
- The development of large-scale culture medium preparation and sterilization systems.
- Optimization of the design of the most suitable photobioreactor for the production of microalgae species of high interest in aquaculture.
- The development of biomass preservation systems that maximize its useful life and quality.
The products currently marketed by AlgaEnergy, which are the result of research carried out in recent years, have obtained PREMIUM Certification from the University of Santiago de Compostela, demonstrating their high quality with the following results:
- Increase in fish larvae survival rate
- Increased fish larvae weight
- Higher yields of aquaculture crops
100% own financing: